ATOM DCC Block Detector (C/MRI Compatible)
The Iowa Scaled Engineering ATOM is a reliable, easy-to-install, single-channel DCC block detector. Compatible with a wide variety of other block detectors on the market, the ATOM provides two open collector outputs (one for detection, one for no detection) with optional pull-up resistors and easy pushbutton sensitivity adjustment. Since it's based on a current transformer, the detector maintains isolation between your track and signal systems.
This version has a C/MRI-compatible connector attached instead of screw terminals. This version is made especially for customers invested in the C/MRI system, and offers a Molex connector that plugs directly into the C/MRI detector motherboard. It's a drop-in replacement for the DCCOD detectors. If you're looking for the conventional screw terminals, please see the original ATOM (part number CKT-BD1).
- Isolated, current-transformer based detection for DCC
- Highly sensitive (~1mA, equivalent to a 10k ohms)
- Simple single button sensitivity adjustment
- Two opposite polarity, open-collector outputs (40V / 250mA capable)
- Optional built-in 10k output pull-up resistors
- Powered from 5V to 24V
- C/MRI compatible! Plugs directly into the detector motherboard, just like the DCCOD
- Detect block occupancy for signal systems
- Activate grade crossing signals
- Trigger sounds
- C/MRI track occupancy inputs
2.0"(L) x 1.5"(W) x 0.875"(H)
The complete gEDA design files and source code are available on GitHub.
- 6 or more $19.00
- 12 or more $18.00
- 11 in stock