PaceSetter Wireless Fast Clock
For those seeking more realistic model railroad operations, a fast clock - a clock that runs at some multiple of real time - is often the answer. The distances on our layouts are never as far as on a 1:1 railroad, and to simulate realistic timetable operations, we need time to be scaled down to match our trains. That's where the Iowa Scaled Engineering PaceSetter Wireless Fast Clock comes in - a fast clock targeting model railroad applications, with flexible configuration to accommodate most any layout or operational scenario, and that will automatically network with other PaceSetter Remote Displays placed around the layout. Connected wirelessly, the remote displays repeat what the main fast clock is showing, so every operator can easily keep an eye on the time. In addition, the PaceSetter is compatible with the ProtoThrottle, such that the time appears right on the ProtoThrottle display!
- Fast clock ratios selectable between 1.0:1 and 99.9:1 in 0.1 increments
- 12 (am/pm) or 24 hour time display formats
- Three configurable start times
- "Hold" mode for when you need a "time out" in the middle of the operating session
- Real time clock and calendar with battery backup
- Automatically coordinates with any number of remote displays
- Connects wirelessly to remote displays and the ProtoThrottle
- Custom 3D-printed textured face plate included
Overall size: 4.50" (W) x 4.00" (H) x 1.375" (D)
Screen display area: 3.00" (W) x 0.98" (L)
The Wireless Fast Clock requires an 8-18V DC power supply.
The complete gEDA design files are available on GitHub.
Current v2.1 Schematic
Legacy v1.1 Schematic
Advanced Use CasesAs with most of our products, the MRBW-FCM is open source hardware and software. We provide all the design files, and you're more than welcome to build your own or tinker with the software to meet your own needs. Design files can be found at the GitHub link above.
- 0 in stock - contact us for lead time.